Hardwood Flooring Installation Richmond VA
If the time has come to update the flooring in your Richmond home, hardwood has probably crossed your mind. However, you probably still have some questions. Are wood floors worth the substantial upfront investment? Do you have what it takes to keep them looking nice? Is it possible to incorporate wood into your design vision for the room?
While we can’t make your decision for you, at LevelFinish, we believe the answer to all of those questions is a resounding “yes.” Hardwood floors are a fantastic option for all Richmond homes.
Give us a call today to learn more about why you won’t be disappointed installing wood floors in your home and how we can help you through the process.
Why choose hardwood flooring?
Hardwood floors can require a large initial investment but demonstrate their worth over and over. By choosing one of the most long-lasting and classic flooring styles available, you won’t go wrong installing wood floors in your home.
- They’re easy to maintain. – All you have to do is sweep or occasionally mop, and your floor is clean and ready to go. The ease of care ensures that your floors will continue to add value and beauty to your home for years to come.
- They never go out of style. – Unlike carpet or tile, the look of hardwood floors is classic. Wood floors remain fashionable and current no matter how design trends change.
- They keep your home healthier. – Carpet floors can harbor dust mites and allergens, and tile floors can grow mold. However, hardwood floors don’t hold on to anything. With only light cleaning, you can rest easy knowing that you are protecting your family from dirt or germs.
- They keep your electric bill lower. – Because wood floors insulate the room they’re in, they help keep your house comfortable. When your air conditioner or heater doesn’t have to work as hard to keep the house at the ideal temperature, your electric bill stays lower.
- They’re more environmentally friendly. – Choosing wood floors keeps manufactured products and harmful chemicals out of your home. Plus, wood is a renewable resource, which makes hardwood flooring an eco-friendly option.
Which hardwood flooring style is best for me?
It’s hard to go wrong with hardwood floors, but some options are better for certain conditions than others. Families with children or pets are much harder on their floors than quiet homes with less traffic and activity. Office spaces have different needs from galleries. It’s important to consider what you will be putting your floor through when making your final decisions.
Choosing the right type of wood is essential. – Each type of wood has a different level of hardness. Harder woods such as oak are ideal if your floors will see a lot of foot traffic or need to hold up to lots of abuse from children or pets. For homes or areas with less activity and a lower risk of scratching, a softer wood like pine can look beautiful.
The size and color of wood make a difference. – Narrow planks can make a room look larger while thicker cuts create a more rustic feel. You can also make the wood look more sleek and modern by using a smooth, shiny finish or use a rougher finish to make the appearance more antique. To further customize your room, there are wood floor stains in many colors.
The finishing method affects timelines and customization. – Finishing your hardwood floors help to increase its lifespan. Prefinished wood makes installation much quicker and cleaner. There is no wait for the stain to dry or the smell to dissipate. However, finishing the floors after installation creates the opportunity for more customization.
Need advice before making your decision?
We understand how overwhelming picking your next floor can be. From choosing the right vibe to finalizing your budget, there is a lot of information to take in.
At LevelFinish, our team of experts and contractors is here to make the process easier. Whether you are looking for guidance throughout the process or a professional to take over and make sure the installation is correct, we are here for you.
Call us today at 804-393-9283 with all of your questions. We look forward to helping make your flooring dreams come to life!